Golden Years is a carefully selected blend of organic herbs, seeds, roots and berries for dogs. Offering nourishment and support for the senior dog as their requirements change with age.
Every ingredient has been included with the older dog in mind and gives support to the heart, circulation, urinary system, nervous system and the joints. This is done in a natural, nourishing form that the dog can easily digest and make use of the nutrients, unlike with many synthetic supplements.
Here are a few of the added ingredients and why they were chosen specifically for this particular blend.
- Alfalfa – Is very nutritious, a good antioxidant, alkalising effect on the urinary system, great for musculoskeletal system. Increases mental vigor and works well with Red Clover
- Red Clover Flowers- Blood cleansing, Anti cancer properties, antispasmodic, skin health.
- Cornsilk – Lubricates, soothes and protects the internal mucous membranes & particularly useful where there is kidney issues or bladder weakness.
- Hawthorn leaf & Berries- A fantastic heart tonic & to help normalise an erratic heartbeat. High in anti oxidants.
- Rosehip – Helps regulate blood sugar levels, very high in vitamin C which is essential in producing healthy collagen.
- Flowering Oat tops – Improved nerve function, an extremely useful tonic to the nervous system particularly in the elderlyor debilitated animal. Lifts the spirits of a depressed dog and also useful in the case of tremors or epilepsy. Combines really well with Spirulina, Clover & Nettle.
- Spirulina- Is a green algae that is just packed with nutrition and too many health benefits to mention. It is easy to digest and can tempt fussy feeders or dogs that have lost their appetite.
Bilberry- This is a new addition to the blend but one I felt needed to be added. Very rich in anti oxidants and highly regarded to be helpful in maintaining or improving eye health.
Hopefully this will give you an idea of why some of the ingredients are chosen for particular blends.
Enjoy your senior dogs, they really are such a precious gift.
Also check into the Holistic Hounds Facebook page for hints & tips on looking after them as they age.